Friday, February 2, 2007

I love sharing food

I started this recipe blog as a place to share recipes with one another and to inspire each other to cook loving meals for our families. Everything is so fast food and junky these days and I love living a simpler schedule so that I can cook healthy, tasty meals for family and friends. I want my children to have memories of being with me in the kitchen and having the safety of routine dinner times together around the table. I read a book recently called "The Surprising Power of Family Meals: How Eating Together Makes us Stronger, Healthier, and Happier" by Miriam Weinstein. It shows the wonderful impact regular meals together make on all of us.

Although I try to eat organic and what I deem to be healthy, I still love me some comfort foods and Southern-style cooking. So you will see a variety of recipes on here that we simply enjoy.

I also want to chronicle my sister Leslie and my adventures in once-a-month cooking...also known as Freezer cooking. We are trying to get our shed wired for electricity so that we can buy a used chest freezer. Until then I will use our humble freezer space and Leslie has some space in her extra frig in her garage. Our next cook day is on February 10th and we are attempting to make 2 weeks worth of meals for our freezers.

And I may even share all my failed attempts at bread baking! I would love to get a sourdough starter and bread going so we shall see how that pans out. Forgive the pun :)

We'll just see where this blog goes, but I will mainly be using it to post recipes that we enjoy. I also have many thoughts about dining vs. eating and how to make mealtimes meaningful, beautiful, and fun. I also want to jump into the world of simple entertaining and de-myth how hard it is to most people to open up their home. Hospitality should be simple!

Happy Happy Dining Adventures with your Friends and Family!

1 comment:

BayouMaMa said...

I agree...hospitality should be simple! Why do we make it so complicated?