Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ode to the Omelet

Omelets are wonderful way for a woman to get her protein, calcium, and even all the goods in green leafies for either breakfast or lunch! I am no omelet expert at all but this is what I have been eating lately and thought I would share the energy with you!

2-3 eggs, whisked with a little water
Shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, mozzarella, parmesan)
Garlic salt
Baby Spinach

Pour into a small saute pan over medium heat and let sit until edges get firm. I sprinkle a handful of whatever grated cheese I have on hand on one side of the eggs along with a sprinkling of garlic salt and a small handful of baby spinach! Use a flat spatula to gently fold 1/2 of the eggs on top of the other half (does that make sense?!) I also tilt the pan towards the spatula while I do it so that the egg slides onto the spatula. Let cook for a few minutes on lower heat and then flip and let a cook just a little longer so that there is some light browning.

Enjoy!

No comments: