Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Groovy Guacamole

One of God's most wonderful creations is the avocado. I started this love affair about 10 something years ago. Not only are they rich in potassium, vitamin A, folate and good fat that lowers cholesterol, avocados are DELICIOUS and wonderful in wraps, on sandwiches, and my perennial fave, guacamole.

I belong to a fruit and vegetable Coop and get my avocados for only 50 cents. I allow them to ripen on my counter for a few days, and then I put the ones I haven't used yet in the frig. They can keep several weeks in there without spoiling!

Here's an easy guacamole that I make almost daily:

2 ripened avocados
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 fresh lime, squeezed
1-2 cloves garlic, pressed

Here is a link to the health benefits of avocados.
And for those of you with babies, they make the perfect first baby food!! Just mash and serve!

No comments: